Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Heading To Microsoft in October!

For the first time in a long time I am happy again as a software developer.

The last position I held, I rose from a purely Visual Basic.NET developer at the beginning to bringing the shop around to the C# world to becoming the Information Technology Manager of the company.

But like all things, that position had to come to an end, although the ending was on my terms.  I was blessed enough to become a partner of TDIndustries, hired on to develop software and help grow a department from scratch.  A software development department that had been gutted and was, and still is relying on outside consultants.  Officially I am the Systems Architect for the company, but I prefer to think of myself as a software developer.

So imagine my surprise when I found out that one of  TDIndustries' policies is to send it's partners to at least one conference a year.  Even though I have only been there one day, they are letting me go to VSLive! in Redmond, Washington.  Not only will this be my first professional conference I will be going to, but to go to it AT Microsoft's headquarters!  Needless to say I am excited.

So if you are interested, here is more information for you.  If you can make it, I look forward to meeting you there.

No comments: