Friday, June 08, 2012

The Pre Op Diet Plan

I started my pre-op diet plan this past Tuesday.  1200 calories a day, with 120 grams of carbohydrates, 90 grams of protein and 40 grams of fat.  What that translates into food wise is the following:
  • Two protein shakes daily; one for the breakfast and one for lunch.
  • Three protein bars daily for snacks.  I am eating mine roughly at 10:00 AM, 3:00 PM and 7:30 to 8:00 PM.
  • One regular dinner, which consists of 5 ounces of a lean meat and two cups of non-starchy vegetables.  
  • LOTS of water.  I mean lots of water, in whatever variety I can stand.
So far it hasn't been too bad for me.  I'm not starving and any hunger pains I have experienced have been overcome.  And the good news is that I have dropped another four pounds since starting the diet!

Here is what I am using in my diet:

  • Muscle Milk, both the Chocolate and Vanilla flavors.


  • EAS Myoplex Lite, Vanilla Flavor

  • EAS Whey Protein Powder, Mixed with Skim Milk (8 ounces)
  •  Kraft South Beach Cereal Bars (Peanut Butter Flavored)
and finally,

  • Pure Protein Protein Bars (Peanut Butter Flavor)


So there you have it.  My pre-op diet plan.  If you are curious as to how I am doing, you can find me on MyFitnessPal and track my progress.

I do have to say that I thought this would be extremely hard for me, but it hasn't been at all.  There are times when I do get hungry, but drink a flavored water and I am good.  I am really looking forward to continuing this and losing more weight.

Until next time, have a great rest of the day!

Eric

No comments: