Friday, August 20, 2010

The New Joseph McCarthy -- I mean Nancy Pelosi

The other day at a news conference in San Francisco, Nancy Pelosi was asked about the Mosque that certain individuals wish to build two blocks from Ground Zero in Manhattan. 

In her answer she said ( and you can actually listen to the audio below the quote):

"There is no question there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some. And I join those who have called for looking into how ... this opposition to the mosque is being funded," she said. "How is this being ginned up that here we are talking about Treasure Island, something we've been working on for decades, something of great interest to our community, as we go forward to an election about the future of our country and two of the first three questions are about a zoning issue in New York City?"(emphases mine)





Is she serious?  Considering that a good majority of Americans are against the building of this mosque at this location, it would seem that the Department of Justice, or whoever she would unleash would be very busy for the next few years.  I believe that she could start with me.  I am not opposed to a mosque being built as yes, the constitution guarantees the right to build one.  I am opposed to where it is being built as I consider that a slap in the face of America.  So Ms. Speaker of the House, here I am.  You may start with me.

I studied Senator Joseph McCarthy in school and I believed him to be wrong then and I believe that the call Nancy Pelosi is making here is wrong as well.  I dare say un-American as well.  This is the leadership in Washington we have today.  I hope you will join me in praying for that leadership.  The Lord knows we need it!


Eric

No comments: