Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Surgery Date : June 19th, 2012


The date for my surgery is now set for June 19th, 2012 with Dr. Nick Nicholson.  I still have a couple of things left to do but I am not worried about them.  I have to have an Upper GI to make sure I have no obstructions so that the surgery can go without a hitch and I have to do a VO2 Max test to ensure I am healthy enough cardiac wise to do this.

If all goes well then the morning of June 19th I will have three quarters of my stomach cut out, a four to six ounce pouch sealed and left to live with until I die.

Radical?  Oh yes, very radical, but I am very tired of being fat.  I am tired of not being able to keep up with my kids when they romp and play and do athletic things.

My lifestyle will radically change when it comes to eating.  No longer will I be able to sit down to a sixteen ounce steak dinner.  After the surgery it will be more of two to four ounces of steak with a couple to a few more ounces of everything else.

Yes, very radical.

Am I ready?  I'm getting ready.  Am I nervous.  Oh heck yes I am nervous, but I am also excited.

You see I need to do this.  I won't say have to, but I need to.  I do this for my wife and kids, but I also do this first and foremost for myself.  And for me, my wife and my girls, I will succeed at this.



Less than a month now to go.

Have a great rest of the day.

Eric

No comments: