Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Psychological Evaluation


 I'm not crazy.  I'm not a sociopath.  Nor am I schizophrenic, bulimic, anorexic, nor have any other mental issues.  So says the psychologist I saw and the six hundred question psychological profile I took a few weeks back.

This psychological exam was the last item I had to go through to become eligible, according to my insurance company, for my choice of bariatric surgery.

The meeting with the doctor itself wasn't too bad.  She asked the normal questions I would have expected and I answered with the answers that were expected.  It was a quick and painless 15 minutes of my life that I am glad to give up to achieve my weigh loss goal.

The test on the other hand...wow!  Six hundred questions that took an hour and a half to answer! It was to the point that I was actually getting writer's cramp from filling in the little circles that corresponded with my answers.  The questions themselves were the typical questions I had encountered before.  Questions like:

  • Do you hear voices in your head?
  • Do people lie?
  • Do people steal?
  • Do you believe that if you jumped off a building that you could fly? 
No, I am not kidding about the questions.  These are a representative of some of the questions I encountered.

But the good news is that I am mentally healthy and okay for surgery and the post operation needs.

Eric

1 comment:

Psychological Evaluations said...

I like your article, I like your writing style. you need to update your blog.