Tuesday, December 04, 2012

It Feels So Good to Be Able to Workout!

So for the first time in over two weeks, I was able to head to the gym and get a workout in and man it felt good!  I still can't do any running right now as my big toes are still healing from the in-office surgery, but I was able to get a cardio workout in on the elliptical machine.  I did 30 minutes at a 30% resistance and had an incline of 5 out of 10.  The total for that workout? 544 calories burned with a distance of 1.25 miles.  Did I mention that I really miss my road work?

After that I moved on to my resistance circuit training.  I wanted to concentrate on my upper body this session and I could tell that after two weeks of not being able to work on resistance training, I was not at my best.

Overall I did shoulders including shrugs, front and lateral raises and shoulder press.  For arms I did bicep curls and the triceps machine.  For the chest I did sets on the incline bench press, and chest flys.  The last sets I did was for the back.  This consisted of sets of seated rows on the rowing machine, rear delt flys and lat pull downs.  The last thing I did was work on the abs.

It is a short summary of a 55 minutes resistance workout and I will, in a later post this week, post my full resistance workout, but tonight is short and the morning comes fast!

For now I am happy I can work out again and will be even more happy when I can start running.

Thanks for reading and have a great rest of the day!


No comments: