Monday, July 26, 2010

Potluck with the Junior High Ministry

I am making this a short one tonight as it is late and I want to get some reading in before bed.  I went to the potluck dinner held by the Junior High Ministry of our church Sunday evening and there was a lot of people...not a lot of food!  But that was okay.  As I was one of the last ones in line, I thought about a couple of things.  One, I can stand to lose a LOT of weight, so eating lightly was a good thing.  The second thing is that what I had on my plate was a lot more than a lot of people get in a single day to eat.  So I was and am grateful for what I did eat.

My wife and I listened to the Junior High Pastor, Mike, talk about all of the things that will be going on this year and I am excited for all of the kids.  In a way I envy them as I did not have this opportunity growing up. 


But the one thing that I was really thankful for, that made my evening and really my day, was when my oldest daughter got up and came over to where we were sitting (she was sitting with her friends at another table.) and hugged me from behind, rested her chin on my head and said hi to me, then that she loved me. 

So for tonight I wanted to thank God for my wife and my two girls.  I love all three of them and I could not imagine life without them.

No comments: