Wednesday, May 03, 2006

How Young is Too Young...

I'm the father of two very beautiful girls whom I love dearly and this post is not one of outrage, but of disbelief. Take a look at the picture below and ask me and yourself, "just what is wrong with this?"




This is the latest "fashion" in infants and children's clothing. It's called Pimpfants wear.

I think the best comment that I have read about this travesty is from Beth Teitell of the Boston Hearald.com:


Britney wannabes - rev up your credit cards, there’s a double-wide load of styles to choose from. There’s the winsome ‘‘Baby Beater” tank tops, the mini basketball uniform with ‘‘Jr. Pimp Squad” across the jersey or the T-shirts that read ‘‘My Mom Is a MILF.” (I’d explain MILF, but this is a family newspaper.)

Speaking of families, parents who dress their kids in Pimpfants might as well start saving for pole-dancing lessons - and therapy sessions - now. I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the kids aren’t begging for the stuff. ‘‘But mom, all the other toddlers have ‘Pimpfant’ onesies.”



So I wonder what's next? I remember a Saturday Night Live Skit some time ago that had babies in "Thong Diapers", but that was a skit. Or was it a sign of things to come.

No comments: