Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

I am currently doing a study on the book of Proverbs. Now I do realize that most people recommend that you simply read a chapter a day to get through this book, but I am trying to not only read through it, but study it verse by verse. I want to really dig deep and learn and understand.

To that end, I am using a really great site I came across called Biblos.com. I am using their lexicon with a multiple translation of the particular verse I am on at the moment. (I highly recommend it.) I am particularly interested in what the actual words meant in the original languages. To me that helps me to gain an understanding I might not otherwise have.

One of the things I have gained is that in first couple of chapters, Christ is pointed to. I noticed that if you substituted Christ for the word wisdom, it really made sense to me. As I was seeing this, I had to read other parts of the Word to see if I was on the right track. So far I believe the Word backs up what I thought about this. I will be posting the scriptures a little later on, to show what I saw.

I realize the most people do not read their Bible, let alone study it, but it is something that I would suggest you do.

No comments: