Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday's Ramblings



I have had issues with my weight for most of my life. I was extremely heavy in High School, and through most of my adult life, with one period of time in 1999 to 2001, I have been over 300 pounds. Dieting is hard for me, as I tend to eat out of habit, or as an emotional crutch. I do like to exercise but I tend to stop long before I get back into the habit of it. Usually it's because of a lack of time.

But those are excuses and I know it.

So I am going to do this again, and this time it is a contest. Between me and my best friend, to see who can lose the most percentage of body weight before summer. I would like to be able to put on a swimsuit without having to cover up completely with the overly large t-shirt because I am too embarrassed, or don't want to embarrass my family.

So I weighed in and set the Weight Watchers scale up to maintain my weight and track my weight changes on Saturday. I do have a blog for weight loss and training, and will go back to that and use that to mark all of the stuff I do to lose weight. You can access it here or on the Training button above.

So the weigh in this morning had me down 8.7 pounds. It's all water weight, but hey, it's a start.

No comments: