Thursday, November 08, 2012

Catching Up on My Runs for Early November

Eight days into November and I have three runs for the month!  Of course the first three days of the month I spent doing prison ministry, so that does count as something more important than running to me. 

So far for this month I have run on Sunday the 4th, Monday the 5th and Wednesday the 7th.  Here are the details for those runs.


Sunday, November 4, 2012:

I decided to make this a speed run instead of a long run.  I will be running another 5K this Saturday and I needed to see what my pace was right now.  On shorter runs, those under 3.5 miles, I tend to pace myself faster and I needed a bench line to see what to set a PR bar at. 

11-4-2012 Details
11-04-2012 Split Times
I think that I will be able to get close to my goal of running a sub 30 minute 5K during this next race.  It'll be close but I think I can do it.

My next two runs for this month, and this week have been longer runs.  Both have been over 5 miles and both have been in just about one hour in duration.  I'm thinking that in the next three weeks or so I'll be moving on to even longer runs.

Monday, November 5, 2012 run:

11-05-2012 Run Details

11-05-2012 Split Times
Wednesday, November 7, 2012 run:

11-07-2012 Run Details

11-07-2012 Split Times

I have noticed that when I do a long run, well, long for me anyway, I tend to stay on pace for an average 11:30 mile.  I'm not sure if that is a great pace or not; I'll have to look at that, but I am happy with that pace so far.  It won't win me any races, but I think it's a respectable pace for a 248 pound guy who's only been running for 4 months!

Till next time, thanks for reading.

Have a great rest of the day!

No comments: