Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The Day After Election Day 2012

I have to admit that I am heart broken.  The candidate I voted for, Mitt Romney, lost.  America, for whatever reason, has decided by a narrow margin to give Obama another chance, another four years in office.

I am not going to lament this decision, nor will I vent my frustrations here.  I did enough of that last night to my friends and to my wife.  Instead I will do what the Apostle Paul has said to do:

     “I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone — for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness” (1 Timothy 2:1-3).

No matter what political affiliation you choose to be a part of; no matter if you lean left or right or are in the middle, I ask this one thing of you:  Pray.


Our country stands on the precipice and we need prayer so that the leaders who were elected yesterday may have the wisdom, courage and fortitude to make the right choices and take the high road to compromise with each other.  They must do this to end the partisan bickering and actually get things done in Washington.  Both parties are at fault with this.  Both parties must work for the common good of the people of this country.  God help us all if they don't.



So I simply ask this: pray.

No comments: