Thursday, November 08, 2012

My Next 5K -- The Spirit Run! 5K



This Saturday, November 10, I am running in the Spirit Run! 5K event in Richardson, TX.  It's a local event for me, which is a definite plus.  It also had a discount code available which allowed me to pay half the normal cost.  Again a plus!

What sets this event apart is the fact that at various points on the race course, there are local high school bands, cheerleaders and dance team members cheering the racers on with cheers and music.  At the end of the event the runners get to choose who had the best cheering section.  I believe that this will be one of the very few races I run in that I will not wear my headphones and listen to music to run.


Here is a video of the event.  I believe it is from last year.

Here is a map of the course I will be running.  The best thing about this course is that this course is my normal course!  I run this at least once a week!  Talk about an advantage! 

Right in My Backyard!
The other good thing about this race is that I will be running it with a good friend of mine.  For the first time I will have somebody to race against I know.  Since he's a better runner than I am it'll be even more challenging for me.  I promise this to you: I will do my best. 

I'll let you know how I did later on Saturday.  If you're in the neighborhood, please stop by and cheer us on! 

Thanks for reading and have a great rest of the day!

1 comment:

Bryan McCullough said...

I am in no way a better runner than you, I had one good run in my life but you kill me on distance.

I didn't know this was your home course...you suckered me into this race.