Saturday, November 29, 2008

Is She A Victim?

There is a news report out of Minnesota, about Lois K. Feldman, 38, and Ross M. Walsh, 26, who were ticketed for indecent conduct after they were reportedly caught engaging in sexual activity in a men's restroom handicapped stall during the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers game with the Iowa Hawkeyes.

I read this story and one that followed in which Ms. Feldman said her life was ruined because of this incident. In fact, she has been fired from her job because of it. According to her husband, and the police report, she had had several glasses of wine before going to the restroom. Once the police was called, she at first gave them a phony name, trying to hide her true identity.

So now she claims to be a victim?

I don't know about you, but I have drank to excess before, and I can guarantee that even during those times, I knew what was going on. Ms. Feldman is claiming that she doesn't remember going into the bathroom, claims that perhaps her drink(s) were drugged, and that she is perhaps a victim of foul play.

I believe what she is, is a victim of her own foolishness. Here are my reasons:

  1. More than a dozen people in the restroom were cheering Feldman and Walsh by the time authorities arrived, a University of Minnesota Police report says.
  2. She gave Police a false name at the beginning.
  3. Ms. Feldman made no allegations to the officers at the scene about it being non-consensual.
  4. The witnesses at the scene said the sex had been going on for a while and no one was saying "No." or "Stop."

Ms. Feldman says in her defense:
"I would never ever do that," Feldman said. "My kids are my life. I go to church every Sunday."

I talked to my wife about this and what she said was a little eye opening. She thinks that the behavior shown here by Ms. Feldman is something that either had been going on for a while, or there are deeper issues here that she should address. Either way, I personally believe she knew what was going on, and is completely embarrassed about being caught and bringing shame to herself and her family.

I believe there is a victim here in this story but the victim is not Mrs. Feldman. The victims are her husband and children.

Shame on you Mrs. Feldman. Accept the responsibility for your actions and go forward in life.

I will say that she and her family will be in my prayers. I hope you will pray for them as well.

No comments: