Monday, November 10, 2008

Jesus is a bigot

According to a church in California that is.

Did I get your attention?

Good.

If you are like me, and watch the news, or follow the news online, you have to have seen the protesters marching in the streets of California protesting the fact that a majority of voters there said, no to gay marriage and mandated to the California legislature that a marriage is between a Man and a Woman.

Now, I read an article on CNN of all places that you can find here. In this article, there were a few quotes that really got to me.
Ed Todeschini, a Human Rights Campaign volunteer, accused Saddleback in particular of helping propagate what he called misinformation about the Supreme Court ruling, including that gay marriage would have to be taught to kindergartners.

"They told such obvious lies. They used their lies to deceive the public," Todeschini said of the church


Excuse me?

So the Christian Church is a liar.
I suppose that the Bible is lying when it says this:
1 Cor 6:9-11
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God ? Do not be deceived ; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.


Now, do I believe that God hates homosexuals? No. But he hates the act of it. I am not going to get into a theological discussion here,(I will do that at a later time) but I mearly wanted to point out that we are not lying when we express our beliefs. It is what we believe.

And then there is this quote, from a body who claims to be a Christian Church:

"Our intent is not to disturb churchgoers," organizer Tim DeBenedictis said in a statement. "Our goal is to mend fences and build bridges so that all Californians can achieve marriage equality under the law."



"It's very unfortunate and embarrassing that the (Christian religion) is in large part responsible for this act of bigotry," the Rev. Ed Bacon said after his sermon.


So the Rev. Ed Bacon, a supposed minister of the Word of God, says that wanting what God ordained from the beginning, is bigotry. He is embarrassed by this.

Imagine that. Embarrassed by the very Word of God apparently.

Matthew 10:33
But whoever denies me before men, him will I also deny before my Father who is in heaven.

No comments: