Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday's Run (10/19/2012)

Some days I feel like I am "On" during a run and there are sometimes when I don't.  Tonight was one of those runs that I just didn't feel "on".  I felt like I ran slower and according to my split times, I did run slower. I felt like I was going to throw up a few times and overall I felt like I didn't have a good run.  But I kept the run going and ran through the feelings my body was giving me.

It probably did not help that my meals consisted of mostly crap today.  I had to visit one of our company's construction sites very early this morning and missed my normal breakfast, resulting in a Whataburger sausage, egg and cheese taquito.  Lunch wasn't much better.  I had a Chik-Fil-A grilled chicken club sandwich (without the bun) and a small waffle fry.  For dinner I had ham wrapped grilled chicken with a slice of provolone cheese.  Not a great day eating.

But the important thing is that I ran.  So here are the details and the split times for tonight's run.


The details.  Not a very good run for me.

My split times. 

I am very grateful that at 252 pounds, I am able to run at a sub eleven minute mile, but I am looking forward to the times when I can run a sub ten minute mile.  That will be an accomplishment for me.

Thanks for reading!  Have a great rest of the day.

No comments: