When I posted back in July, I had not yet started a fitness program to speak of; I was simply riding my bike on the local trails and at times walking those same trails as well as the roads in and around my neighborhood. Now granted, I was doing fairly well, averaging about five to six miles per bike ride, and between three and five miles on my walks. However, I wanted more, as I show below (taken from my goals back on July 31, 2012). Because I had so many goals, I am going to break them down individually at first.
- To start and finish the Couch to 5K program and run my first 5K race.
Apart from starting the C25K training program and about to finish it, I actually ran my first 5K race back on September 23, 2012! My stats from the race is shown below:
|Results from my very first 5K - 9/23/2012|
|Crossing the finish line in my very first 5K!|
- To run a 5K race with my family.
- Turkey Trot is the first one I want to do.
- To be able to jog a minimum of 3.5 miles 4 times a week.
- To be able to bike a minimum of 10 miles 3 times a week.
- To be able to swim a minimum of 1 mile 3 times a week.
- After achieving this goal I want to start increasing that distance every month until I can swim 2 to 3 miles at a time.
- To be able to start training for my first Sprint Triathlon.
- To compete in my first Triathlon.
- Sprint first
- Olympic second
- Ironman eventually
Until then, have a great rest of the day!